Timber & Forestry
No timber operation is the same – even two mills side by side in the same neighbourhood will have unique processes. Therefore, Saito have developed an 8-step process that we use to assess the business and recognise opportunities for efficiency gains, we call it Saito DNA – Detailed Needs Analysis.
Working with clients in the harshest of conditions Saito has come to understand the special needs of the forestry industry. Because for over 30 years Saito has been supplying timber tags and labels to the forestry industry across New Zealand, Australia as well as in diverse places such as, Port Moresby in Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and Guyana. Here is snap shot of how we can help your operations with labels, tickets, tags and machinery to cope with the harshest of climates.
We Can Help You:
- Keep track of timber through every process from logs in the forest to individual boards at a retail level
- Make sure the identification lasts in a supply chain prone to extreme weather conditions from monsoons to droughts
- Meet all regulatory requirements with tags that comply to all rules and regulations set down by authorities in Australia
- Identify your stock in an accurate and timely way
At Saito, we offer timber and forestry businesses both equipment and tags for treatment identification, packet labelling, kiln drying and a range of other processes. Tags and tickets that are designed to work in your environments, we have a range of weights specially developed for these harsh conditions, using a premium product developed specifically for Saito’s clients; Handi-Flex.
- Log tags and tickets for JAS tracking
- Kiln tags and tickets for easy and accurate identification on all products
- Outer-pack labelling and tags
- Colour coded treatment tags and tickets
- Tethered and portable barcode scanners
- Thermal label printers (industrial, desktop and portable)
- Blank and custom printed labels and tags with your choice of colours, materials and design
- Complete Timber Tagging solutions – Tags, Staples and Tagging Equipment
- Products that are tried proven and tested in the industry and that interface with the very latest in timber processing software
- Inkjet for imaging IPPC code onto treated timber (with Saito Technical)