D.G. – Class 2: Gases
Class 2 - Gases: Compressed, Liquefied or Dissolved Under Pressure
Toxic Gas Sign 2.3
Division 2.3: Toxic gases
- Gases which are known to be so toxic or corrosive to humans as to pose a hazard to health.
- Gases which are presumed to be toxic or corrosive to humans because they have an LC50 value equal to or less than 5000 ml/m³ (ppm).
Class 2 - Flammable Gases 2.1
- Division 2.1: Flammable Gases. Gases which at 20 °C and a standard pressure of 101.3 kPa:
- are ignitable when in a mixture of 13 per cent or less by volume with air; or
- have a flammable range with air of at least 12 percentage points regardless of the lower flammable limit.
Class 2 - Non-Flammable Gas 2.2
- Division 2.2: Non-flammable, non-toxic gases
- Gases which are asphyxiant – gases which dilute or replace the oxygen normally in the atmosphere.
- Gases which are oxidizing – gases which may, generally by providing oxygen, cause or contribute to the combustion of other material more than air does.
- Gases which do not come under the other divisions.
Class 2 - Oxidising Gas 2.5
- Division 2.5: Oxidising Gases
- An oxidising gas is any gas which may, generally by providing oxygen, cause or contribute to the combustion of other material more than air does.